For Which Use Is A Tactical Flashlight Recommended?
A question that comes up often and whose answer will never change: a tactical lamp is primarily intended for law enforcement for reasons of self-defense, dazzling during arrests whether indoor or outdoor. Although all this is still true today, the technologies have evolved a lot, LEDs used to allow to have more and more power in lamps always more and more compact.
What you have to understand when you talk about a tactical lamp is that it aims to destabilize, whether it is a human being, an animal, the tactical effect or rather the power provides at a moment T towards an individual or an animal will inevitably have the reaction of being blinded/destabilized.
Now that all this is clearer. The tactical lights can be used for many activities we’ll be cited below not for their blindness properties but for their power, SOS mode and the possibilities to adjust the intensity of the light beam according to the situation in Here are some examples of activities or sport where it is interesting to have a powerful tactical light:
- Hiking/trekking (whether day or night, a flashlight is always a must-have to carry in one’s backpack) and ideally a powerful flashlight.
- The hunt. The still a tactical lamp will be very useful including the nightfall.
- The dive: well it’s a little different because it will not be the same type of lamp as presented in this guide but most also have a tactical device and a high power (see our special guide lamp dive ).
- Cycling and mountain biking: to light enough the road or the paths in the forest, you will also need a powerful lamp
- Cave Exploration – Caving: everything will depend on the situation but whether your lamp is frontal or not, a powerful tactical torch will de rigueur to find your way once underground.
- The airsoft: it will most of the time invest in a support for your ball as well as hunting but the tactical lights are perfectly designed for this discipline.
- For navigation and fishing at sea
Of course, a tactical flashlight is well suited for everyday use OR “EDC” literally “every day carry”. You will not use it at full strength (except special situations) and we very often advise to invest in a quality tactical lamp that can serve you all year in your house/apartment and during holidays camping etc by example.
I Want To Buy My First Tactical Torch But I’m lost Between Models, Powers …
We understand your concern because we were in the same situation in our early days. Here are some tips we can give you to choose the ideal tactical lamp (for your needs).
Be careful the criteria are not classified from most important to least important!
- The Dimensions And Height Of The Torch. Although these criteria may seem trivial, they make the difference in the long term and especially if you carry your lamp every day with you. Personally, we like the models between 13 and 16 cm and with a weight not exceeding 300g with the battery.
- Autonomy. We know that this point is quite complicated to judge and gauge because when we see “1:30 at maximum power” it’s hard to imagine how much it represents days/months when using a few minutes in intervals from time to time. In absolute terms the more the better, but it is nuance according to the different battery saving modes available to the lamp.
- The Max-Min Power. Basically, very few people will need flashlights illuminating at 100 meters so this index is not necessary to consider when choosing your tactical torch. Same for power, it just serves as a reference. Personally that a lamp is 500 or 1000 lumens does not matter to us, we rather look at the side of the tactical modes.
- Tactical Modes. Criterion important enough for a tactical flashlight will you tell us! Well yes, we like lamps that have at least 3 brightness modes in order to adjust the intensity of the beam to our liking and play on the battery life.
- The Guarantee. Although most major brands of tactical flashlights offer a minimum of 2 years warranty. Make sure that is the case when choosing your lamp. To know that most guarantees do not concern the LED or battery.
- The Price. Price is one of the main criteria for many people, especially if you want to invest in your first tactical light. Not really any advice to give you at this level except that quality at a price like in all areas of life and a well maintained tactical lamp can easily hold 5, 10 years and +
More light like Christmas Laser Light Projector